- 3 puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons honey (or any sweetener adjust to taste)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon (cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon butter to brush on top (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl mix together strawberries, lemon juice & honey.
- Microwave this mixture on 100 percent power for 4-6 minutes, then stir and continue to microwave at 100 percent power for 4-7 minutes till a sticky,jam like consistency is achieved. You can do the same thing on stove top also.
- Take the mixture out and let it cool.
- Unfold the pastry dough and when ready to handle,with the help of a rolling-pin make the cracked edges smooth.
- Pre heat the oven at 350 F. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Spread generous amount of strawberry mush on the pastry sheet making sure to leave a 1-inch border towards the edges. Sprinkle cinnamon[if using]
- Gently fold the side edges and start rolling over from end near to you . Continue to roll the sheet away from you until the filling is completely sealed in and the seam is on the bottom.Pinch & twist the ends also.The prepared roll should look like a wrapped toffee..
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.Brush the top with melted butter. Make cuts in on the top of the roll about 1/2 inches wide .
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.Take out and let the roll cool.
- After cooling, with a sharp knife, cut & discard the ends .Cut the remaining roll into into 2-3 inch long rolls .Drizzle with your choice of glaze or caramel sauce or top with some whipping cream.