- 1/2 cup butter (120 g)
- 2/3 cup (120 g) packed brown sugar
- 4 peaches, peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g) sifted cake flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons (8.5 g) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (2 g) salt
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) almond extract
- cup (80 ml) milk
- Melt 3 tablespoons (45g) butter in a pan and add the brown sugar. Heat slowly while stirring until the sugar and butter are combined. Pour into a springform cake pan.
- Place your peaches cut-side down in the butter sugar mixture
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and granulated sugar together. Add the egg and the almond extract and beat until light and fluffy.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the milk (first a bit of flour, then a bit of milk, etc) to the creamed sugar mixture, stirring well after each addition.
- Spoon batter over the peaches
- Bake at 350 F (180 C) for about 40 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes and then use a knife to cut around edges of cake pan before releasing the spring. Invert the cake onto a plate so that it is peach-side up.
- Pour ginger-infused maple cream sauce over the top and serve (best when a bit warm!)